Monday, December 15, 2014

Living in a Winter Wonderland :) (Dec. 15, 2014)

So this week it snowed so much!  There were honestly 4 days of non stop snow and it was the best!  It wasn`t too much except for one day but other than that it was just wonderfully like a winter wonderland :D  My pictures from out back of Addie's place definitely show it too!
This week for a quick spiritual thought is brought to you by the Book of Mormon.  Last night we had an awesome lesson with Francois and Paulette and Frère Donovan.  We read through 1 Nephi 3 and 4 about Nephi going to get the plates and using 1 Nephi 19:23 in applying it to ourselves all the while.  I loved it!  And we talked about so many good things and they were very involved in it.  Then at the end of the lesson Frère Donovan made an assumption to them that they can feel that it's not just a story but it actually happened to real people and they said they felt it and said that there's something different about reading stories that were lived.  How is that for the power of the Book of Mormon!  We didn't have to do anything but read it together and they're making progress from! :D  Amazing!

Monday 8th:
We had an awesome Family Home Evening at the Kosta's with the Levêsques and Addie about the true meaning of Christmas :D  We're actually starting to build up relations with Ravi, Soeur Kosta's son!  Hopefully these weekly FHE's will work on him little by little!

Tuesday 9th:  
Tuesday really felt like the beginning of this transfer.  We got real with each other and opened up a lot.  I enjoyed reading Tad R Callister's talk on Parents from the last General Conference.  Such a great call to action for everyone to do something even if you are in unfavorable circumstances.  

That afternoon we went to get some work done on our car and while we were there waiting who should show up but Soeur Lassalle and her husband! :D  Total surprise because they've been out of town and were only in Granby for a couple days between trips!  So they treated us to Chez Ben which is the best poutine place in Québec and again it's just not quite my cup of tea... Sorry Québecois!  But while we were there another miracle happened and we ran into another less active that we hadn't seen for a long time! :D  but that night we had Family History time with Kalila at the Levêsques.  We worked on Family Search, Kinpoint, and Ancestry.  She didn't have a lot except on one line so Ancestry was really good to find more!  But I was hooked!  I could have done it for hours more!

Wednesday 10th:  
Wednesday was just a snowy wonder.  I love the snow so much!  That afternoon we had an awesome Plan of Salvation lesson with Damond using our white board.  It's definitely been good practice for my artistic skills haha!  Later we had another lesson with Karrisa our newly found ami.  We shared the Restoration lesson with her and she accepted to start reading the Book of Mormon!  Woohoo!  High hopes! :D  Then immiediately after that we went over to Èlle's and shared He is the Gift with her and her kids.  Woohoo!  Work is hastening a lot for us and it is keeping us busy!

Snow! :D
You can tell how much you do the Plan of Salvation by how good your earth is haha ;)

Thursday 11th:  
For my personal study I studied D&C 76 and oh I was enlightened!  It explains so much in the Plan of Salvation which we're teaching a lot right now.  I loved it!  Later we had District Meeting and we got to meet Elder Hunter's new trainee Elder Bracken.  He's from West Jordan and planning on doing aeronautic engineering at USU!  Woohoo for engineers haha! :D  But he seems like a real sharp Elder!  And when Elder Hunter was in Montréal to get him he also picked up packages for all the district and so now I have my Christmas waiting for me in the closet and in my stocking.  Talk about a test of patience and obedience to the little paper left inside saying don't open til Christmas haha!  

After our meeting we went and had a lesson with Valerie using Tad R Callister's talk and it was awesome!  She's making goals to help her children understand the gospel! :D  The Levêsques were there with us for that and so on the way home we stopped at Subway as their treat for us!  We are so spoiled by our service missionaries! :D  Such a huge blessing to have them!  That night we had English Class after visiting with our favorite Haitian Freddy! English Class was a blast because we got to work almost one on one with them while Frère Donovan caught Freddy up. They learn so fast!  Then that night I also got a letter from Grandma Brooks :D

English Class!
Elder Losee and I, Freddy, Soeur Kosta, Soeur Levêsque and Frère Donovan!

Friday 12th
the Anti-Nephi-Lehies are such fantastic examples of not fearing death!  I want to be just like them!  I'm practicing now though as we drive in the snow sometimes haha ;)  Later we had a lesson fall through but it gave us a chance to swing by Kalila's place a drop off some cookies we made but she wasn't there.  But we took the opportunity to shovel around her place!  We went to a lesson after that and during the lesson we got 3 texts!  When we got out we checked them and they were all from Kalila.  The first one was asking if we could come by and shovel for her.  The next two were when she got home and found we had already done it and left cookies.  That made us feel just wonderful :)  We had dinner with the Solomon's that night and we brought our white board so that afterward we had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation with them and Soeur Solomon's mom who isn't a member.  It was awesome! :D  The Plan of Salvation is just beautiful! :D  Full of hope and joy and always mercy!

Saturday 13th:  
During our lunch and while we waited to get picked up I got to have a little music theory lesson with Elder Losee.  He picks up really quick!  The only problem is getting over the "I can't do it" mentality but we're working on it :)  

Music lesson with Elder Losee

We then went with the Levêsques up to Farnham and had a lesson with Shelley.  Valerie played an awesome role in helping us out and at the end we sang primary songs with her :D  We stopped by Addie's on the way home and shoveled some for her and did some brute force work of moving huge chicken feed bags.  Around her house was just so beautiful covered in snow everywhere! So I took a bunch of pictures :)  

Addie's winter wonderland backyard!

Soeur Levêsque :D

Frère Levêsque and Annie :)

Selfie by the chicken coop with cookies from Addie :)

Then Elder Losee eyed Addie's pond and he wanted to go out on it because it was frozen.  I immediately asked him if he thought it was a good idea... But he did it anyway.  He slid down the bank a bit down to the water level and took one and a half steps onto it before plunging into the almost frozen water beneath.  Thankfully it was only about a foot and a half deep.  But his boots, socks, and pants were completely wet.  Oh did I have a good laugh :)  Thankfully we got home 15 minutes later and he was able to dry his pants and change socks and shoes.  

Elder Losee's mark on the unfrozen pond haha :)

To finish the day out we had a lesson with Tania about Christmas from Alma 7:9-13 and then sang tons of Christmas hymns! :D  I love singing :D

Sunday 14th:  
We had some great talks from recently returned Senior Missionaries from Madagascar.  They were very powerful and I felt the spirit very much!  But all through the meetings you could just tell that these members want to be a branch so bad and have a building of our own.  After church we were at home for a while preparing for the evening.  We brought the piano home with us so that I can practice and we have already enjoyed it a lot!  

Elder Losee at the piano that we brought home :)

Our makeshift bench because our chairs are too short :)

The set up with a table to hold it up :)

We went to the Wu's for dinner that night and they had invited Sister Riggs over!  It was awesome :D  Then they gave both of us little gifts of handmade little gift stockings that reminded me a lot of those you can find at Festival of Trees :)  Then we got talking about their next trip they're taking for Christmas which is to Las Vegas and then Salt Lake so I convinced them to make a quick stop in Orem on the 26th ;)  

The Wongs cute little gift!  Hand done :D

To finish the night we had a lesson with Frère Donovan with Francois and Paulette like I talked about in my spiritual message.  The Book of Mormon really is the most powerful tool for conversion and now I am realizing it so much!  Just gotta keep moving forward with everyone!

Monday 15th:  
Elder Losee is really pushing hard on learning to sing parts in hymns which is awesome!  He's tackling the bass line for Angels We Have Heard on High which is awesome :)  It's so cool to see how much he's improved since I met him!  Testimony to me of gifts of the spirit and sharing them! :D

So yeah there's my week :)  The weather is super nice just mingling around freezing and the snow is awesome!  It hasn't snowed for a day or two now but the snow is still here and seriously a couple feet deep :)  So much fun! :D
The work is pushing forward here in Granby!  It's not always easy but like I learned from Dad, "They didn't say it would be easy but they did say it would be worth it."  I have a strong testimony of that.  This life and what is going to happen after in the life to come is all worth it!  And Christ knows you and he thinks your worth it and he's perfect so believe in yourself and life itself :)

I love you all so much :)  I continue to pray for your success and happiness and safety :)  I love this work so much! :D  And I'll talk to you soon!  Christmas is coming quick :D
Love,
Elder Kennen Brooks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment