Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas! :D Joyeux Noël :D (Dec. 29, 2014)

Hey everyone!  Seems like I just talked to you il y a 4 jours :) (4 days)  But I was so happy to see all of you !  Can't believ that it has already been 6 months!  It flies!  So I don't have a ton of time today due to special library hours for the holidays so I'm jumping in!

Monday 22nd:
We went up to Longueuil for our zone party that night.  All the districts performed a musical number.  My district did Come Lord Jesus which is beautiful and I sang it in Men's Chorus :)  Also I got to play guitar and sing for it which I loved :)  Later that night we had the pleasure of listening to President Patrick and his family perform for us and I was blown away by how talented they were!  I love that President has a beautiful voice! :D  But then he went over 1 Nephi 11 with us and just how Christ's life was all about love :)

Tuesday 23rd:
We had zone meeting in Longueuil which was awesome!  I got to play a special musical number of Fantasy on O Holy Night in Db by Marshall McDonald :)  Went great and I was grateful for the time to practice! One training was by just a team made up of my former companion Elder Lund and his companion on inviting people to make committments.  We did some roleplays in it and I felt the Spirit so strongly when I was testifying and when I was being testified too.  What a blessing it is to have the Spirit as our 3rd companion haha! He's the one who actually convinces these people that we teach!  That night I had another confirmation of it when with Pauline, a recently removed in recent convert, we had a lesson and she shared her testimony with us about how Christ has impacted her life.  So powerful and reaffirming :)

Wednesday 24th:
We had a fantastic lesson with Jeffrey that day, young guy who's only 20 years old.  We watched Finding Faith in Christ with him because he doesn't really have a strong christian background.  I was so happy when we asked some questions to understand and even mentioned how Christ's words really touched him and were powerful.  At the end we used what he had learned at zone meeting with inviting and testifying in inviting Jeffrey to read the Book of Mormon.  I felt the Spirit and I could tell the Spirit was working in him and he accepted whole heartedly! :D  We even gave him a picture of Christ and he said it was going up on the wall haha!  We later had a great lesson with Samson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he left us with a wonderful prayer of protection before leaving which was much needed.  

We traveled to the Gallais' that night for Christmas Eve and it was pouring rain and super dark out in the country side so I was very grateful for the prayer!  But at the little party, one of their sons was there and I got talking with him and found out that he was an engineer!  So for the next 30-45 minutes I was talking shop about CAD and electromagnetic drums to repel aluminum and other metals.  I was like a kid in a candy shop :)  Then what's more is he was interested in my musical talents so I got to play piano for them all.  I felt like Ammon in Alma 17:29 in winning the hearts with the talents and abilities that God has given me :)

Dinner at the Gallais' House

Thursday 25th...
CHRISTMAS!  SO Christmas was just a dream :)  We started it out by me making pancakes for a lot of people at Kalila's house, filling everyone up to the brim haha!  Then we all watched Lolo open his presents which was fun :)  I was super excited about the green plaid tie, my new mission apron, and cashmere scarf :D  Mom I didn't even tell you I wanted an apron! :D  You read my mind! :D  

Making Pancakes

Our gifts from home!
Food at Kalila's house.
Including a spice cake from my Grandma's recipe (with the J).

We love Lolo!

Lolo and the Elders

Helping Lolo put together his first Lego set.


Then calls home at the Levesques was just surreal :)  I haven't seen any of you in so long and you are already changing so much but then not at all haha!  



That night we had dinner with the Levesques and Pauline which was super cozy :)  But to end the day right we were able to go out and share He is the Gift with our favorite Haitians Freddy and Rochelle :)  It was such a great reminder of what it was all about - Christ :)

Friday 26th:  So I'm reading Job right now and I just gotta say that I am so grateful for the blessings of the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  It's amazing how much hope I draw from it!  The fun part of Friday was movie night with Shelley and Valerie.  We even brought popcorn!  But we watched Finding Faith in Christ with her and it was so fantastic that when in the movie they asked what faith was and she practically quoted word for word from Alma 32:21 right there!  So proud of her progress! :D  

Saturday 27th:
We didn't have many set rendez-vous so we made a lot of pass bys to people but also looked around where we were passing.  It was amazing how the finding efforts went!  From two pass bys of which there wasn't success, we found two people and had solid conversations with them!  One of which we got their info and are sticking in touch!  Then that afternoon we decided to take a walk with Kalila to the cemetary and on the way we talked to a women with some kids.  I asked her if she had a good Christmas and she said no so we asked why.  Turns out she was going through a separation so we were able to get her the info for our service missionaries.  Feels so good being able to offer help to people!  Then we also passed by an old contact who was super busy but took a Book of Mormon.  We asked her if she had found anything good in it and she pretty much replied "well it's true!"  Yeah that testified to me of the power of the book itself!  We're just here to offer it haha!  That night we had a lesson with Robert who was pretty troubled with life but through the Spirit I remembered Isaiah 41:10 and shared it with him and when he read a smile just broke out across his face :)  Goodness it just makes me feel so good! :D  We also went knocking that night and I'll tell you it's always the last person you talk to that turns out to be interested.  With this guy he was super open had lots of questions and we set up a solid rendez-vous with him.  Miracles!  4 people found in one day! :D

Sunday 28th:
Again I just have to say that I love church.  I just get to go and relax and share in the nourrishment of the word :)  After our meetings we had an extra branch-council-like meeting to get the works going for an activity in January.  Man I'm excited for Granby to become a branch! :D  That night though we had a mega lesson with Francois and Paulette as well as all of Elle's family.  So many people!  With guidance from Frere Donovan we did a goal setting lesson for New Year's which isn't really in Preach My Gospel but then we found that it is... just in Chapter 8 with Using Time Wisely and setting goals haha!  We prepared a lot for it and went in expecting chaos with kids and we got it!  But we managed it really well and still had the Spirit there.  And I got to have fun making Elle's kids smile and have fun too :D  So I was very happy :)  And afterwards Frere Donovan was very complimentary that we were able to have a lesson in such crazy circumstances but honestly I was just fine :)  Blessings of the Spirit always! :D

So there's my week in brief!  It was amazing!  I love this work so much!  It's crazy to think that this week I start my black out year for my mission where I'll be a missionary for the entire year!  I'm excited!  Also, our health kick continues!  We're looking to keep losing weight and get more in shape! :D  Soooooyeah :D

I love you all so much and I was so happy to see you this week!  I was able to upload some photos this week but I don't have time to caption them sorry!  Maybe next week!  But enjoy them and I think you can figure out what they are of anyway :)  If not let me know!  I love you so much! :D

Love you!
Elder Kennen Brooks :)

A few pictures from last week:

Selfie with our goal on the mirror

The Plan of Christmas

Party after Church

Food at the Party

People at the Party
(L to R:  Elder and Souer Hayward and another sister,
Granny Addie, Frere Donovan, Samson, Frer and Souer Boulanger, Souer Kosta)

No comments:

Post a Comment