The Spiritual Thought for the Week is brought to you by the: PLAN OF SALVATION! :D This week we studied the Plan of Salvation so much and I have really gained a deeper understanding and love for it. Something to share with you though is that it is ultimately for our happiness. That's why sometimes it is called the Plan of Happiness! :) Also a cool connection that I made while we were teaching it is that in Moses 1:39 it talks about the work and glory of God. Then I connected together that WE are his work and his glory! Everything he does is for us :D So fantastic :)
The Week! Allons-y! (Let's go!)
Tuesday 25th:
After emails that day I went and got me some winter boots :) They're not hunking ones but have better traction and cover more and I like them :) I also got some insulated insoles to help out so I'm feeling good :) But a cool experience was at the beginning of the day I put some pass along cards in my shirt pocket making a goal to talk with someone amongst our doings out and about. When I was getting my boots, the guy helping me noticed my tag and asked about it and then I got talking about who we were and where he's from and where I'm from and it turns out his sister is in Salt Lake City! Super cool connection! But then I left him with a card and we left as good friends :D
| My New Boots |
Wednesday 26th:
Elder Losee's birthday! I made him french toast in the morning with our fresh pain de belge :) After our studies we went out and tried to see if we could do some service at this place called the Halte but when we got there they initially said no but then wanted to talk with other managers of the place and at the end they said that because we aren't the same religion as them they couldn't accept us and then they politely saw us out...It was a very interesting experience for me, not feeling welcome somewhere (other than a doorstep) because of my beliefs for probably the first time in my life. But tout était bien! (all was well) After that we had a good pick-me-up of going to Kalila`s where we had a lesson and a little birthday party for Elder Losee! :D It was quite jolly :)
| Elder Losee`s party at Kalila`s |
Later we passed by an old contact we'd made but turned out they weren't there so we started walking away. Next thing we know is we're being chased by a girl. She runs up to us and turns out she lived in the house where we knocked and she was the sister of the person we had contacted. And that was when we met Roselynn, a 13 year old. So cool! She explained how she loves Christ and God and that her grandma took her to church but died in the past years. Talk about being prepared! So we were really excited about meeting her :) Then we went and finished off his birthday at Addie's for dinner :)
Thursday 27th:
Thanksgiving!...But only in the US haha :) But we were able to celebrate a little thanks to the Turkey Cookie kit I received! :D In my study though it was cool to read about how Alma was a battle ready prophet taking down Amilici right after praying for strength. Prayer is power! :D That night we had English class and we brought the Turkey Cookies there and shared them with everyone! I loved it so much! :D Sharing traditions! :D
| Turkey Cookies! |
| The finished product! |
| Elder Losee and the Levesques |
| Soeur Kosta and Samson enjoying them :) |
Friday 28th:
I read about Elijah in 1 Kings 17 and 3 stories of Faith in that chapter so go check it out! So good! That afternoon we helped Kalila put up her Christmas lights outside. Then we had our first lesson with Roselynn! It's crazy for me to think that I'm teaching someone as old as Jonah but super cool too! She really wants to learn and already at her age is asking fantastic questions. So inspiring and we have high hopes for her and even the rest of her family maybe too! Then that night we totally got pampered by the Wus who took us out to dinner for Elder Losee's birthday.
Saturday 29th:
Saturday all over Quebec was a social media split with all the missionaries. Now we don't have any strong youth here in Granby so the Levêsques (pronounced Le-vikes by the way) helped us out by taking pictures and going around with us. Then our awesome friend Kalila posted them all on her facebook since she's one of the hip people in our unit ;D But during the day we had an awesome joint study with the Levêsques learning about le Plan de Salut (Plan of Salvation) together :) That night we had dinner with the Fremonts and all we ate was chips and salsa but it was good stuff! Homemade and nice spice!
| Social Media Split - Studies |
| Making a call! |
| Praying |
| We`re all about Christ |
| Teaching |
| On the Road |
| At a door |
We went up to St. Jean for the Primary Program and it will probably be the last sacrament meeting that we ever have together because we`re becoming a branch very soon. It was way fun and we had our ami Monique there! It was great because after the first meeting she said that she received some answers to questions from the program itself! :D SO inspired! :D After good meetings together I practiced with the ward choir for the Christmas party :) They like it when I sing with them because I really sing out and I am familiar with many songs already thanks to years of fantastic choir directors in ward and school :)
That night we went and did a lesson with Samson on the Plan of Salvation using our whiteboard and it went so well! We didn`t have a lot of time to prepare but he was asking good questions and he said that he really wants to understand what we teach him. He said both prayers for the lesson even and in them he pretty much laid it out that he believes that we were sent to him by Christ and that when we speak it`s Christ speaking to him. He`s got the right idea and we`ve got the responsability to uphold it haha! But it`s awesome to have him learning so well and wanting to learn so much. Then when we got home we took the board, already filled out, and visited the Gasniers and had a brief overview of the Plan of Salvation with them which was awesome! And now we`re going back for lunch on Thursday :)
| Plan of Salvation mock up |
I love this work so much! Granby is doing well and baptisms are coming closer! Monique on the 20th and then 2 others that could be in the coming months :) It`s a blessing to be able to see the hand of the Lord in the work here. Truly a blessing!
Now since this next Saturday is transfer calls I advise you to not send me new things this week unless you know they`ll get here by Monday or Tuesday. Because who knows what`s going to happen this transfer! For all we know, Elder Losee and I both might get transferred out, although I really hope not!
Well that`s all for this week :) I`m doing great and I love it so much! I can see myself growing in leaps and bounds and also with French, the gift of tongues is real! Gifts of the Spirit come through prayer, faith, and works, as I read this morning in Preach My Gospel. :)
Have a fantastic week! I love you all so much! :D And remember that Christ, il est le raison pour le saison :) he is the reason for the season :) (it works in French too! :D)
| Ski resort in Bromont :) so beautiful :) |
Elder Kennen Brooks
No comments:
Post a Comment