Friday, July 11, 2014

July 5, 2014

Dear Family,

Soooo ... Tuesday night we had another devotional that focused on acting and turning outward.  But we had choir practice to sing in it beforehand.  Hermana Gardner was there so we got to talk which was great! Then before the deco started, so many people I know came together!!  3 Sisters from my YSA Ward and 3 Elders that I know!  I got some pictures of it that I'll send soon!  Twas a sweet gathering to have so many friends together.

Sisters L to R:  Hermana Briggs, Hermana Gardner, Hermana Fife (all from BYU Ward)
Elders L to R: Elder Cotcher (Men's Chorus), Elder Danneman (roommate), Elder Christensen (BYU Ward), Elder Brooks

On Wednesday, the package was heaven sent!  Oh my goodness thank you so much!  I've been out of cough drops a while and also Hannah's cookies!?!?  SO GOOOOOOD!!!!

This morning I had a very special experience.  Wednesday night we taught our investigator and it went horrible teaching the plan of Salvation.  So for our lesson this morning we felt to switch to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So we prepared and decided we would read 2 Nephi 31.  It was inspired of the Spirit.  The Spirit was so strong and I loved it!  We literally had a conversation about what was in the chapter.  We all spoke equally and bore strong testimonies.  At the end we asked him his thoughts, our investigator, and he told us he wasn't quite ready for baptism but he knew that the Livre de Mormon and Joseph Smith were true!!  I was nearly crying I was so happy for him!  L'Eglise est vrai, tout le monde!!  Je sais il est vrai.  (The Church is true, everyone! I know it is true.)

My trio is really growing in all aspects and it's wonderful!  Also I had an interview with my teacher today and he says I have a great accent!  Mom, you were right!!  Also, I don't have any worries or problems other than hearing!  C'est chouette! (groovy)

I love you all!
Je vous aime!  (I love you)
Bon chance!  (good luck)

Elder Brooks

Happy 4th of July!  Thanks for the ice cream novelties!

No comments:

Post a Comment