Monday, May 4, 2015

I blinked and missed Spring... (May 4, 2015)

Allô le monde d'ailleur!  (Hello world btw) How is everyone doing :)  So to explain the subject line, two weeks ago it snowed, last week was decent, and this week we've jumped into Summer practically.  We're roughly around 75-80 F now.  So I think I blinked... Anyway I'm doing fantastic and no I am not hiding my inner pains and struggles because the work is a joy here in Granby :D

This morning I read through Alma and Amulek's first mission voyage together.  I really loved Alma 14 and its story of afflictions and adversity turned into raw power and miracles.  So pretty much Alma and Amulek get taken prisoner after convincing Zeezrom of his evil ways and then all the mechant (villain or wicked) rulers smite them and spit on them and strip them of their clothing and just not fun stuff.  But the two missionaries are quitely dignified until the Spirit tells them to go for it.  Then the prison falls down and Alma and Amulek come out unscathed.  But the verse I loved the most was v 29:

 "They (the multitude) were struck with great fear and fled from the presence of Alma and Amulek even as a goat fleeth with her young from two lions."

I liked that a lot because the power that the Lord can give us can make us feel and seem like lions full of power and authority in the bleakest of times such as when Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail.  Great stories that I love :)  So this week, see how you can be a Lion for truth in standing up for what is right :) I promise the Lord will bless you with what you need to say and how to do it all lovingly :)

On to the weekly report!

Monday 27th:
We made Chicken Subs for dinner which was so good :)  Elder Noel added a little twist to it though of adding spinach leaves to it :) Super good!  




Right after that we passed by the Gasniers who are going through some health challenges.  His eye is a little injured so we offered to give him a blessing which he accpeted.  Then she wanted one of comfort as well.  When we had finished with her, I knew immediately that she was feeling the Spirit and I let her know that she was :) She felt so good and it was such a great experience for her :)  Then that night we got to teach Marcel for the first time.  Marquis is a big guy who's been to jail a couple times.  But now he's like a gentle giant :)  He made mistakes in his life but is now trying to make it right by doing lots of community service and just being a good guy :)

Tuesday 28th:
We had yet another boss correlation with Fr Donovan and the Lévesques :)  I love having him as our branch mission leader.  Then right after we went over and taught Michon with Fr Doonan.  Michon was making huge efforts to stop smoking but he had a mechant (villain or wickedhead ache because of it.  We taught him and then gave him a blessing after.  Once again he felt a calm soothing feeling go over him.  We talked a lot about authority and that it makes all the difference.  Priesthood power! :D  

For dinner we were over at Addie's with Leon.  They are just awesome :)  They're French is a little different with their belge (belgian) expressions but it's a good language study :)  Leon said though that the difference between a lie and the truth is just .1%.  That .1% is the priesthood because in the world, anything else can be copied by Satan except the true power of the Priesthood :)  Great thoughts :)

Addie and Leon in Addie's backyard 

Wednesday 29th:
I went on an exchange with Elder Deakins in Mont St Hilaire.  Let's just say we did a lot of finding.  Mont St Hilaire is a lot more well off that Granby haha and there isn't a big slum like area like the ones I love in Granby :)  But we were able to visit one of their Converts from last year.  She's going through some trials but she knows what to do. - Pray and read!  :D  We read from Mosiah 24 with her and she said it was just what she needed to hear :)  There was a great spirit there :)  Then we did a ton of knocking... Not too much success sadly.  But they are working to get the members working more in that area now.  

We had a dinner appointment with a family where we had hamburgers :)  It had been so long and it was soooo good :)  We wathced the Restoration film afterwards and the Spirit was so strong!  We were able to explain to them a little bit more with how the Spirit works because the man doesn't feel like he ever received an answer even when he described how he felt the Spirit to us haha!  We explained that he had felt the Spirit and I know they'll continue to help him see it.

Thursday 30th:
We got to see Oscar but this time we had members with us!  While I was gone, Oscar called and said that we could start bringing people over so he can learn to trust more people! So awesome!!!! :D  Visiting Michon we saw a lot more humility hapening which was awesome :)  He's even comfortable enough to say a prayer now :D  That night we visited Nannette to find a man hanging out over there too.  We met Parker and it was easy to see and smell that he was drunk.  But we went ahead and taught  them both about our divine potential and premortal life and Parker was saying some good things and quoting some Bible even!  Although we're not sure how much he'll remember, we got his number and address and he now has a Book of Mormon :)  Divine finding right there of someone being brought to us! :D ( Haha and at one point he asked if we wore crosses and he pulled on my collar to check.  Yeah that was pretty awkward and funny :) )

Friday 1st of May:
We had interviews with President Patrick in Mont St Hilaire which is the best!  First he had us all together to explain the quarterly report to us and how we can use it to work.  Then he told us he wants a culture change - lessons are now to be 30 minutes and less but twice as often.  We really liked it because we were kind of trying to apply that already but now we're determined :)  Then just the two of us from Granby, he told us that everyone wants to be us because we're doing so well... We're so blessed in Granby!!!  In my interview he was super complimentary but at one point he asked me if I was worried that I wasn't a senior companion yet.  That hadn't even crossed my mind haha which he took as a good sign :)  We also talked about consecration and how during my mission is the easiest time to be truly consecrated and he even told me that I was being a consecrated missionary :)  I owe a lot of that to Elder Brousseau for telling me to study that word out :)  He also added that Elder Noel and I didn't need him to much because we were being taught by the Spirit :)  It was a good interview to keep the fire going! :D  I love being a missionary! :D

One of the few times I've been alone on my mission... It was weird...
Elder Noel was in his interview with President :)

We got back a little later that night but were able to teach the Gasniers about prophets which went really well :)

Saturday 2nd:
We had a couple lessons fall through in the afternoon but it opened the way that we were able to do some service for Oscar's mom.  It was great to get to know her some and maybe we'll be able to start teaching her too in the future! :D  Then we got to serve Fr Boulanger by playing the role of tech crew again haha :)  To end, we went and taught Manuel with Fr Donovan.  Manuel was so much more humble and receptive!  We talked a lot about authority out of Acts and it just went like clockwork :)  At the end in his prayer we could tell that he wanted to know and was very humbled by it all.  We have high hopes for him in the future and his beautiful family! :D

Sunday 3rd:
We were back at the Cegep which was weird but familiar haha :) lots of people were there but also many missing :)  In the testimonies, Sr Lassalle shared about pioneers and that she was grateful for them but didn't really know them.  I followed that up with saying that most of my ancestors are pioneers and that I knew their stories but how grateful I was for their examples as modern pioneers here in Granby :)  The gospel is so wonderful! :D  Leon came for the first time and he was very well received :)  After church we helped Fr Gabriel set up his LDS account (thank you Bro Chunghoon for showing me how to do it!)  

Potluck with everyone that was there! 

After a great dinner with the Wus, we went and passed by a lot of people to no avail.  Then we passed by a recent potential and gave him a spanish Book of Mormon :)  Then we stuck around in the area a little and did some knocking.  There was no success until the last door (as always).  He opened the door and said some things in broken French but then we found out he spoke English! :D  Gonzalo from Guatemala was super chill and invited us in and we had a lesson with him.  Turned out he lived in Maryland for a while and saw the temple there! Too cool! :D  Going back tomorrow! :D

So we had a wonderful week! :D  Life is just going great and I love it here in Granby :)
Have a great week!
I love you all so much! :D

Elder Kennen Brooks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment