Monday, May 25, 2015

"Gold Leader Calling In" (May 25, 2015 - Transfer News)

Yes the rumors are true.  My mission in Granby has finished and I'm off to Ottawa to be a Zone Leader!  I thought that Ontario would be the last place I go but I know that I'm got some things to learn and share over there :)  I totally felt that I was going and even somewhat that I would be in a leadership position.  It's all pretty exciting :)

So this last week we had Zone Conference with all our leaders here in the Longueuil Sud zone and the Assistants and President Patrick.  It was so awesome!!!  Who would have thought that I would be excited to spend an entire day listening to talks apart from conference haha :)  too good :)  But we really focused a lot on the Book of Mormon and just the power of it.  It truly is the "most correct book" and will "help you come closer to God than any other book". Those promises are true that are found in the Introduction of said book.  I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and that anyone can know if they read it, ask about it in prayer, and then apply what they learn from it.

Since finding out that I am leaving, it has been amazing all the feelings everyone has shared with me.  I find it amazing how much they say I have touched their lives when honestly all I am doing is trying to follow the example of Christ.  It's amazing the power of the Gospel and how it truly touches and changes lives.  Never cease to marvel and the Gospel because that is one the blessings we have :)  Just like Bishop Caussé shared in Conference :)

Now to the week!

Tuesday 19th:
We had the chance to do a lot of walking around that day and we ended up with some good results!  We placed 2 Book of Mormons and Elder Noel found 20$ haha! :D  We also had English class that night with a young guy named who helped us move Jourdain.  He cracked some jokes at one point and I was nearly crying!  Then we played some soccer afterward :)

Wednesday 20th:
I went on an exchange with Elder Rosenlof of Mt St. Hilaire.  He is such a great missionary!  He's just finishing his first transfer and he already has a decent grip on the language and he's just a great example of having a desire to learn and get better.  Also... I ate a salad of my own accord for lunch that day... spinach, strawberries, and a raspberry vinaigrette... ♫Who am I??♪  Haha :)  


Salad!!! :D

We spent the afternoon with the Fremonts.  First we visited Kalila and discussed how we can be modern Captain Moronis :)  He's one of my heros hehe :)  But then again who isn't from the Book of Mormon!  We had an awesome lesson with Armand.  At one point he put his hand on his bible and said "Here are the questions", then he moved his other hand to the Book of Mormon and said, "here are the answers."  He's solid :)  That night we were able to dépanner (sorry can't think of the word...) (help) our bud Frasier.  Bro Stewart came down from St Jean with his trailer and we helped Frasier move some furniture.  It was awesome because while we were driving he said, " so now that I'll have my own place maybe you guys can come over like once a week or something."  How's that for an invitation to teach someone! :D  He's way too cool :)

Thursday 21st:  We were in Longueuil that day for Zone Conference. Such a pleasure to learn and be taught from on high!  It was so full of the Spirit and it was amazing how every training we received just weaved together at the very end into one great big work of salvation :)  That night we had dinner with Addie and her neighbors :)  Addie is such a great missionary :)

Friday 22nd:
After planning and all we got to teach Armand with Fr Donovan.  It was awesome because we had given Fr Donovan the lesson plan so he was super prepared and full of the Spirit while we were all teaching :)  Then we taught Sylvain who just dumbfounded us again.  He actually filled out the answers to questions in  the back of a pamphlet we left him!  We were able to commit him to be baptized the 23 June :)  That night we were over at the Gasniers.  We gave them a new and returning member progress form to help them know where we want to be going and then they told us about how they are sharing the gospel with their kids practically!  It's amazing the turn around we have seen with them :)


Gasniers :)
Saturday 23rd:
After studies we made a pass-by to the Castels which turned out to be inspired because Denis was gone to help his brother move.  We called him up and got the info so we could help too.  When we got there in our shirts and ties the people moving were pretty wary as we walked up.  But I approached all smiles and asked if it was their move and then ask what we could do.  It was fantastic to see the cold melt away and they blank faces turned to smiles :)  Service for the win! :D  

We took a walk with Kalila that afternoon which was fun :)  We discussed what we learned at Zone Conference about the Book of Mormon and encouraged her to find more for her in it.  Then with the Levesques we taught Sylvain the beginning of the Plan of Salvation.  Sylvain is like a sponge!  He drinks everything in that we give him, but not all of it gets retained so we review a lot.  We were able to pass by Armand too and he loved what we left him with the other day.  He said that if someone had come by, he wouldn't have answered the door because he was busy with the video of apostles' testimonies :)  He's fantastic :)  

That night we got our transfer call and je m'en vais! (I'm going)  I'm leaving Granby.  I knew that I was either leaving now or going to stay another couple transfers so it was expected and I'm excited to see what's next for my mission :)  I'm going to the Champlain Ward in Ottawa as Zone Leader and my companion will be Elder Soll from British Columbia.  He's a spiritual giant so I'm excited to work with him :)

Sunday 24th:
Church was awesome!  We had 6 investigators there!!!  Unheard of!  It was kinda funny when Elder Noel slipped President Carter a note about me leaving and then a couple moments later I was up bearing my testimony.  Everyone was excited for me but sad to see me go.  I have been so blessed to see so many changes in the now Granby Branch and to have seen so many changes in myself as well :)  In Gospel Principles the Spirit was on fire :)  Then Fr Donovan dropped the hammer of gratitude on me and nearly made me cry at the end :)  It was also funny to see how quick members came to us asking us over for dinner.  The only meals I had left to prepare were breakfast haha!  

Back at home I backed my biggest bag and got some studies in too.  Then we went off to Ste. Christine and had dinner with the Gallais.  I love them so much :)  we laughed about all the memories we had and the experiences we've seen and lived here :)  Good thing I'm already facebook friends with them haha ;D  We also took a cat away with us... Pretty good going-away gift right?  No just kidding we only delivered it to Tania back in Granby :)  Then I got to say goodbye to Sr Riggs as well :)  These people I've met and come to love here in Granby are so awesome :)


Cat in the Car :)

Sr Riggs :)
The awesome schedule where members sign up to come teaching with us instead of a meal sign-up :)
Fr Donovan is awesome :)
Monday 25th:
What in the world... I made it to 11 months... I still feel like such a greeny sometimes... But that's a blessing to keep me humble probably :D  This morning at 8 we went over with Leon and blessed the community gardens that he manages... Yeah first time I ever heard of that haha :)  


Fr Leon at the Gardens that I blessed :)

Then we got to have lunch with Addie and Fr Donovan.  When we entered I noticed a visitor.  Turns out it's a less-active that I have never met!  Addie the super missionary haha! :D  In fact Addie didn't even know she was coming til that morning so it looks like Heavenly Father sent her our way :)  After Addie said so many sweet and kind words to me we ended up giving a sister a blessing because Elder Noel followed a prompting of the Spirit :)  Those opportunities are always very special.


Addie :)

So now I'm here in the Granby library for the last time.  I only have one more bag to pack.  My carry on is full of books and weighs 50 pounds almost haha!  Good thing I have 3!

I am so excited to see what is to come though :)  I know the Lord has big things in store and I hope to be able to do my best at all times :)

Thank you for all your love and support!  I love you so much!

Until next week in Ottawa!
Love,
Elder Kennen Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment