Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween and Conference! :D (and a new diet) (Nov.3, 2014)

(There are two video links in this message.  If they do not show up in the email update, click on the title of the post above to be taken to the blog to see them.)

Salut tout le monde!  Je vous aime beaucoup!!!  I love you all so much! :D  So life is just fantastic out here in Granby.  Though I`m going to just jump right into it! :)

This week we had Stake Conference and on Saturday we attended a youth meeting where they told all the youth about how they want them to use social media this month to share the gospel.  So here is your CHALLENGE! :D  And it is not just for the youngins but for everyone!  From Jonah up to all the Grandmas and Grandpas :)  here it is :)

First week of November: Share a favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon.  Then if you feel so inclined and hip #bookofmormon or even more hip #livredemormon :)

Second Week of November: Share a missionary experience!  Whether it was from your mission, your parents mission, or something you're doing now!  Share!  Even from my stuff if you want!

Third Week of November: Share an inspiring message such as a Mormon Message or a conference clip or anything!

Fourth Week of November: Share your testimony about something simple that you love from the Gospel.  

The biggest thing they wanted to impress was finding a creative way to share the Gospel and do it! :D  So you have your Challenge! :D

Monday 27th:
That afternoon we went to a local art museum and we got in even though it was closed because the creators of the exhibition were there setting up!  We were the first haha! :D  We even got to talk with them and get their true meanings behind the art.

Tuesday 28th:
I have started the Book of Mormon over again but I'm only marking anytime it refers to Christ or the Lord or stuff like that and then also direct quotes from angels or the Lord himself.  It's super cool!  But in Deuteronomy 8:3 I loved reading about how we can't live by only bread but we need the word too.  I love the word of God so much! :D  I just eat it up every day!  That day we made calls in a park for a long time and while Elder Losee was doing that I was playing my guitar which was fun but my fingers got a little cold.  Totally worth it :)  That night we got to go to the executive committee for St. Jean.  My first PEC since BYU!  I loved it haha! :D  But the best part was when our Stake President, President Pirret, announced that Granby is going to become a branch very soon.  The papers are already in Salt Lake! :D  It is so exciting because the people want it so badly!

Wednesday 29th:
I read in Deuteronomy all about obedience.  It was put so simply: When they were obedient they got blessings; when they were disobedient they got cursed.  Simple as that.  Be obedient haha! ;)  That afternoon we had exchanges so Elder Peery and I stayed in Granby and tore it up without a car due to regulations and rules thingies...  But we had a lesson with Kalila on the strippling warriors in Alma 56:47-48 and how they were had so much faith in the Gospel and in God.  It's so inspiring!  Then their moms were just fantastic too because they taught them fantastically and also shared their testimonies.  Where's the like button for scriptures haha :)  

After that from 4:30-6 we went contacting on the street.  I figured it out that we walked roughly 10 kilometers.  yeah my feet felt it haha but it was awesome!  I then cooked us up a fantastic steak and potatoes dinner :)  Shortly after we got picked up by the Levesques and had a lesson with Nannette on the Plan of Salvation using lots of scriptures.  It went so well and she got involved in it!  We gave her a solid committment to pray about what we taught and she said she would.

Balloon note from Elder Peery from Exchanges!

Thursday 30th:
1 Nephi 17- Nephi knew that no matter what the lord commands, there is always a way to accomplish it.  Talk about Faith!  Also we were watching the District DVD's that we have and I can't get over it that it's the same stuff that I'm doing...everyday!  It's the Best! I love it! :D  (There's some Nacho Libre for you)  In District Meeting at our apartment again, Elder Peery talked about Good Better Best and Elder Hunter came up with this comparison.  Love, Service, Sacrifice.  Good Better Best.  So powerful.  Take some time and think about it and what our Savior did for us.  

We went around to different parks and had some choice encounters with people placed in our way.  We even got to help a woman put up her car port and then we walked her dog!  Who would have thought I'd be doing that!  That night though we had a lucky pass by lesson with our ami Robert.  Elder Losee was able to overhaul his computer with antivirus and a Ccleaner to get it running better and then we watched the Restoration film.  At the end I asked Robert if he could believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he said YES!  More questions led to a bigger one was if he wanted to be baptized and after explaining authority through the priesthood he said yes!!!  Ahh!!!  So happy!!  Fantastic end to a day :)

Friday 31st:
Halloween!  Finished 1st Nephi!  Deuteronomy 21:18-21.  Mom and Dad thank you for not stoning me.  I was rebellious many times but I'm still here today. Thank Goodness! haha!  

Sadly our ami Jennifer told us that she met some Baptists and now she's going to read the Bible before reading the rest of the Book of Mormon.  But we're not giving up!  Never! :D  But that afternoon we went to Addie's with the Levesques and raked leaves and moved around firewood.  

Shortly after we grabbed a bite at our favorite Pain Pain boulangerie and Elder Losee bought some Roquefort (rock fort? not sure how it's spelled) for 10$ and we brought it all up to St Jean for the ward party.  When we got there he opened up the cheese and found it was blue cheese.  I died because he hated it!  He spent the rest of the night trying to get rid of it to other people.  But the party was a blast!  

Halloween at St Jean!

Kalila and Lolo and Tania and Fernando!

President Pirret and Addie!

The general masses :)

More of the Party

The Elders of St Jean and Granby!

Lolo! :D

Bishop Lorenz and us :)

I also spent some time earlier that day playing guitar and singing some which I'm currently trying to upload to dropbox so hopefully it's worked by the time you read this haha :)  Also at the party we made some calls to Nannette and Robert.  It turned out that both of them prayed and received answers!  I was so ecstatic!!  People are actually improving their lives! :D


Brillante étoile, étoile du matin by Elder Brooks (Lead Kindly Light)
(Video Link)

Saturday 1st of November!:
After studies we mounted to Longueuil with the Levesques for Stake Conference.  We saw the Sherbrooke elders on the way in our cars which was fun.  

The Sherbrooke Elders! Thumbs up!

Once we were there we had the youth meeting that I talked about above.  Also on the 6th of December there's going to be a flashmob in Montreal of tons of Quebecois saints. Sadly Granby is a little too far away to be part of it :( But it'll be cool and you'll have to see it when it comes out! :D 

In the night session there were many youth that spoke about using Social Media to share.  Super cool!  But the second hour we got to hear from President and Sister Patrick who I just love!!! :D  They talked about helping us missionaries out by getting us referrals haha :)  Let us know who your friends are! ;)  later it was spoken about how we should consecrate ourselves to the Lord and his work.  His work is hastening so hasten yourselves too!  After the meeting the Levesques took us out for pizza and in the restaurant Frere Levesque contacted someone!  So great!

Sunday 2nd:
Daylight savings was glorious!  I never realized there would be times to actually sleep in haha!  But that morning I finished Deuteronomy!  Woohoo!  After our studies we went over to Elle's and had lunch with her and had a lesson from the Family Proclamation.  It went well and we were also able to talk with her husband Lorenzo a lot!  It was just a great meeting.  She told me that she sees lots of potential in me.  She thinks that someday I'll be a president or something whereas Elder Losee might be a teacher.  Pretty cool stuff :)  

We then went up to Longueuil again with the Levesques for Stake Conference.  It was so good!  Here's some quick ides from it.  Build your foundation on the Gospel like in Helaman 5:12.  Pray as couples in marriage because it will bring you closer together.  Have an eternal perspective.  Then lastly use the technology we have been given.  Why wash our clothes by hand when we have a machine that'll do it for us.  Use social media! :D  It was super powerful for me to be there with so many members of the Church.  Reminded me of being back at home in Utah :)  There is so much strength in large groups of the church.  

Once we got back home we went and taught Francois and Paulette the stuff after this life in the Plan of Salvation.  They liked it but we're still searching for something to get them motivated to read and start making changes for the better.  But Paulette made us pantouffles which are pretty much knit slippers.  They're so fantastic and I love them even though they're red (which for those of you don't know I just do not wear read often). 

Pantouffles!

Monday 3rd:
This morning I started Joshua.  I love the first chapter because it is all about Being strong and of a good courage.  Joshua 1:9 :)
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

We're really making some big steps here to getting people progressing and I have high hopes that in the coming months we're going to see some baptisms :)  The work is hastening!  Also during groceries we made some big changes.  We got vegetables.  We've decided it's time to kick ourselves into shape and feeling good :)  We're planning for some more meals and I'm excited :)  Healthy Elder Brooks here I come! :D  Goodness am I changing haha!

So like I said life is fantastic.  I'm a missionary and it's seriously the best ever!  I get to see the Gospel work in myself and others every day and it is such a blessing :)

I love you all so much!  Pray morning and night and everywhere in between.  Read and study the scriptures everyday!  Come to know Christ and Heavenly Father better for yourself :)  He is there waiting to chat with you.

Take care and know that this work is amazing :)

Love,
Elder Brooks


Elder Brooks reads and speaks in French!
(Video Link)



No comments:

Post a Comment