Hellllooooo Bonjour! :D
| Coke BBQ Pork! :D |
| Some knocking we did on a cool street :) |
| Elder Williams and I :) He heads home this Wednesday! Such a great example! |
| District Selfie! (check out my hair though for a contrast) |
Afterwards we had a lesson with a less active (Valerie) and I took the lead for the most of it on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It felt really good to feel proficient in the language. Definitely due to the gift of tongues though! The member that we had there with us was able to even tie in Star Wars though. He said that a lot of the Dagobah scenes in episode 5 are a lot about faith and prayer. So go watch that with those things in mind haha! For dinner though, we had Penne Alfredo with BBQ pork. Super good mix that I've found :)
| Yeah and cut my own hair some... just on the one side cause it was longer than the other. |
Later that day we went to the Hospital for Elder Losee to get his ears checked out for an estimate. It took two hours just to get an estimate. The way health care works here just takes forever... But in the mean time I was able to have a great conversation with a native :D
Later that night we went knocking and we ran into 2 girls a couple years older than us, a Bhuddist from Laos who was super kind, and a woman who was clearly high rocking out to Bohemian Rhapsody who said she already had our "bible". Yeah pretty exciting night haha!
I made French Toast for my breakfast. Delicious! Thank you Kayley for teaching me how to do it so simply!
| French Toast :) Thanks Kayley :D |
Later, Elder Losee pulled out an old baguette that was a couple days old. It was pretty hard but we were trying it out with our new balsamic vinegar. I was trying to break off a piece and it took so much effort that the bread snapped, not ripped, and the piece I broke off grazed my hand and drew blood. BREAD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. But it was kind of amusing to say I got attacked by bread haha :)
| My bread cuts.... Meh. Hard baguettes are not friendly. |
I also realized a gift that I have. I can connect with people without saying a word just by listening and looking them in the eye. Sometimes it leads them to think that I understand what they're saying more than I really do though haha! But it's definitely a gift of the spirit :) Had some good street contacting while we were walking around though!
| "Pas de Temoins de Jehovah" (No Jehovah's Witnesses) Woo not us haha! |
Saturday was a day of miracles. But first, I started into the War Chapters of Alma. They are so awesome! I kinda had a little moment where I read Alma 44:10 and just couldn't help but think that it would make such an awesome movie! Captain Moroni says this right after Zerahemnah declines his offer for peace:
"Behold, we will end the conflict."
So it was raining all day on Saturday but we went out knocking for most of the day. At one point Elder Losee needed to use the restroom so we stopped buy a Tim Horton's and I decided I'd get myself a donut. Turned out the girl at the register was a member but hadn't been to church in forever! Miracle! Later we got into a high man's house by telling him I played guitar and so I got to play and sing some for him. ((Yeah there was weed on the table.. So strange having never been exposed to it even at all before my mission and now it's everywhere...)) Sharing talents opens doors! Miracle!
Got a call from Soeur Lassalle saying she had a surprise for us at her house so we went there and she had gotten her hands on a guitar for me!!! Huge miracle!!
| Guitar! :D |
At home we made mac & cheese but we spiced it up with some BBQ sauce, some sausage, and even some Tabasco Chipotle sauce. Super good! :D Then we went back out knocking. Said a prayer before getting out of the car and talked to a man who was passing and he turned out to be another less active!!! Another miracle!!! I could hardly believe it! Then we the first door we knocked on, Elder Losee said we were gonna have another miracle and we pretty much did! The door was answered by sweet old woman and a young woman as well. They were so kind and turned out the old woman was from Massachusetts and the young woman was from Switzerland! And they both spoke English too! So cooL! But we were just able to have a great conversation with them and offered our service and we'll be going back sometime later! :D
Then we were trying to decide what door to knock last for the night. There were two houses with lights on so we said a prayer to help us decide. Not 30 seconds after the prayer ended, one of the lights turned off. Another Miracle!! Seriously I just felt so blessed :) Late that night we also had our transferly transfer call and nothing is changing here in Granby :) Send more stuff ;) Printed photos are always more than welcome and highly appreciated :)
Sunday 14th:
I love church :) It's a rejuvenation that we get to have each week! But for the third hour, so many men shared experiences that they had in their lives with even visions! It was so powerful! Then after church the Haywards (missionary couple from the office) came back to our place and put drapes up for us! Nice little touch for us. Then we figured out a musical number that we could do for next week! Super cool and great to sing in a group again :)
Tried to have a lesson with Elle but her house was insane with kids running around, adults playing a WWE video game, and even a naked child running around. But we got a bit of a spiritual message across which was good. Then I made myself some ground beef at home for tacos and burritos :D Thank you Mom for teaching me how to cook beef :) That night there were multiple occasions that I got to share my talents in singing for people
and playing my uke too. I am so blessed to be able to do that really :) I love it!
Monday 15th:
Today we had good studies and good grocery shopping :) Life is going great here in Granby! Love hearing from everyone all over the world but especially back at home! Keep up the good work! :D
I love you all so much!!!
With love and prayers,
Elder Brooks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment