Hey everyone! This week has been so awesome! We had ups and downs but honestly it ended so well! We are making it to our goals and we have a lot of people who are progressing and we have hope for baptisms in the future :D
| My Uke :D (Today) |
We also had our first lesson with Fabienne! At first she told us that she had really bad experiences with reading the bible and Temoins Jehovah scriptures that something just was pressing her in her head so she stopped. But we testified to here that the Book of Mormon was different and that it would really help her and she took it and said she would read! :D
| Elder Pesquirra from Orem! |
| Whole zone :) Sister Hinkson is the sister on the back row on the right |
| All of the Elders from my transfer! (Four from my MTC District) |
| The Sisters from my transfer |
| Pano! |
| The Montreal temple which is just outside the Longueuil Stake
Center. Totally being redone! (Currently closed for renovation) |
Right after Zone Meeting, we had exchanges with the District Leader, Elder Pilling, and I got to be with Elder Peery my old companion! :D So fun and awesome! Great to catch up with him really. That night we taught a recent convert English and had a little spiritual lesson after. During that the RC looked at me after I said somethings and said that I reminded him of Elder Cloward. A little info on that is that Elder Cloward is now the Assistant to the President. Talk about big shoes to fill haha!
| Split Selfie with Elder Peery my old companion :) |
After exchanging, Elder Losee and I headed straight to a dinner appointment with the Fremonts. I was able to play and sing Come Come Ye Saints for them which was fantastic! Back in Granby we got to teach Nannette one of our investigators. We taught about the Book of Mormon and how it can change her life. She actually started crying because that is what she wants so bad. her friend Gil was there too and so I was able to have a one on one conversation with him, in French, all by myself! I`d say I've come a long way already but still have so far to go! :D (Also FYI, I believe this is the day that I got Joey Brooks` letter :) Tell him thanks so much! I loved it!)
Once we got home, I made a call to my buddy Shawn who is a potential. We had a good discussion on things in the Book of Mormon because he`s been reading. Then we were able to set up a Rendezvous! It is so cool to see that by just staying in a little contact and little bits of the Book of Mormon and helping come closer to God and preparing him to receive the restored Gospel.
We later had a dinner appointment with the Wus. 4th appointment for dinner this week! Had the opportunity to really share about my family history though. Thank you especially Grandpa Brooks for sharing all the stories about Edward Lloyd Parry and Mom for sharing about Joseph Egbert :) Family History is the best! :D
After church we had Elder Hayward, a senior missionary assigned to attend our unit in Granby, come with us to pass by Francine for a lesson. We went there with him and she wasn`t there sadly. :( But he then took sometime to talk with us and give us some advice on teaching and having the spirit which was awesome. Then, lo and behold, Francine showed! :D Miracle!!! We got to go in and have the most amazing lesson with her! She`d read Moroni 10:3-5 like we asked and she`d even marked it up! Such a fantastic start!! We talked all over the place because we were really tailoring it to her needs and each scripture we shared she would mark something that touched her. It was so cool to see her already grabbing onto the truths in it! But towards the end of the lesson she really opened up to us and emotions flowed. Elder Hayward was key though! Then we were able to set up to do the exact same thing the next Sunday with Elder Hayward!!! It was beautiful! She`s going to come along and learn so fast! :D And what`s more is that in the lesson, she didn`t even have a desire to smoke which was huge!!! :D Miracles everywhere!!!!
That night we stopped by Elle`s parents again except this time we had a lesson and at the end I sang How Great Thou Art for them :) they enjoy my singing and I`m just glad that I can share the talent that God has given me. Seriously I owe everything that I have and I am to God. Even the things that I`ve worked hard on are still thanks to Him and his son :) I love them so much!!! :D At the end of the day we tallied up our lessons and other numbers for the week and we actually hit or surpassed almost all of them which was amazing! But it makes me so excited because we have lots of people to teach that we have found and now we just got keep finding and teaching and the work here is going to make some big things happen! I`m so excited! :D
Goodness I love all of you so much and I`m not even spending time with you haha! It`s cool how that works. I feel like I`m still growing closer with all of you yet I`m further away than I ever have been in my life. But that`s something amazing about the gospel. Through Christ and Heavenly Father we are all brothers and sisters and the gospel truly does bless families. That`s one of the first things we teach to anyone and I know it`s true.
(Transfers are coming next week. It is unlikely that he will be transferred, but if you are going to send something to his apartment in Granby, you may want to wait until his letter comes next week.)
No comments:
Post a Comment