Monday the 10th:
That evening we had dinner with the Guerards which was delicious :D Then we got to teach her and her family the entire Plan of Salvation which went very well. The Spirit really testified to me of it all and I love talking about these precious truths :)
Tuesday the 11th:
So Elder Spencer went and spent the entire day on member splits which was super cool. But Elder Soll and I went to help Bro. Sloper paint in his house. It was a lot of fun spending time with him and talking about all sorts of things. It was great talking about missions and also things after.
That evening I went on an exchange with Elder Chambers so Elder Jones could interview Leslie for her baptism. Elder Chambers and I went to dinner at a members home. It was super fun being back in French for a bit. The family even knew some people from Granby! :D It was fun talking about my beloved first area :) Then after dinner we all gathered around the computer and did.... FAMILY HISTORY! :D I got that Spirit of Elijah high as usual haha :) But it was awesome because they had almost nothing on their family tree and by the time we had finished. they had found connections to a lot of work that had already been done, making a filled out tree :) So great :)
Later that evening when both teams joined back up at the apartment, Elder Jones and Elder Soll had quite the story to tell. The Elders in Kanata called them during Leslie's interview to get them to come down and interview an investigator for her baptism... later that night. Shotgun baptism! Because the investigator got a scholarship to school in Alabama and was leaving the next day and was going to be baptized later that week but they moved it up. Super cool :)
Wednesday the 12th:
I had a great time in district meeting training the missionaries on using Family Search somewhat :) I love family history :)
Family History Jam with the Elders
(not fillmed at district meeting :-) - see it on the blog)
(not fillmed at district meeting :-) - see it on the blog)
We visited Annalee that afternoon with Bishop Schiffler. We talked about the enabling power of the Atonement which was super powerful. Annalee is just doing so well! Although something I loved was seeing the Family Proclamation that we gave her framed and hung on the wall surrounded by some family pictures. She's so Mormon already :)
We drove out to Thurso again to visit Gabrielle and Cassia. Gabrielle shared that her father is not doing very well so our plan to talk about the Plan of Salvation was perfect :) The Spirit was very present in that lesson and after we met another daughter who we gave a Book of Mormon as well :) Then right after we went to dinner with the sweetest lady, Sister Vosters. She's single and lives far away so she doesn't get missionaries over too often but she treated us like KINGS! WE ate so well and it was like being home at Grandma's :) Then we had an amazing lesson about the Restoration. I felt like we were in a very holy place having some sacred moments. The tone of our lesson was very reverent and powerful as we read scriptures and discussed it all :) Twas a great experience :)
Thursday the 13th:
Again Bishop took Elder Spencer for the entire day literally. He's a saint. :) Elder Soll and I did a lot of looking through lists we had and picked out some people to pass by and then we got some more people to pass by from Bishop. It was awesome :)
Then that evening, we drove out to Kanata to a campsite right of the highway where multiple stakes, even some from New York (MERICA!) were together for a Scouting camporee. I got asked to talk to the boys about preparing for a mission which was fun. We got to have dinner with them and hang out some before the fireside... and so we got to try our hands at a bull whip. So the video I've sent is me cracking it on the first two times I tried even. So beast :) Then my little presentation went well in talking about how the Scout Slogan, Motto, Law, and Oath really apply to missionary life :)
Cracking the Bull Whip Video
("Baptisms are going to go up real fast next month.")
(see it on the blog)
| More whipping :) |
| Christopher who's going to Hawaii on his mission in November :) |
| Me talking :) |
Friday the 14th:
We helped out Brother Hales by moving some stuff for his brother. Then his brother got us Dairy Queen :] We shared a little message with them before leaving to go teach Leslie. There with Leslie, we taught the entire lesson 5 on Laws and Ordinances. It was awesome how well it flowed all together. And the Spirit was constantly reminding me of points I'd studied that she needed to hear. During that lesson the Spirit also really testified to me of how ready Leslie was to be baptized. She was so prepared before we even met her :) It was a pleasure teaching her :)
Then that evening we had the ward potluck! :D
Saturday the 15th:
After studies we went over to the church to get everything ready for Leslie's baptism. We set up the font and chairs and then people started showing up. The service went so well and it really was a great spiritual experience for everyone, especially Leslie and Sis Guerard who helped her out :) When Leslie had the chance to bear her testimony, she bore it down wonderfully :) She said "The Spirit of the Lord is in me today and I know that this is the true church." So powerful :D And all the members, including Annalee who isn't even a member yet, were all swarming around her afterward :) I loved it! :D
| Leslie's baptism! :D |
Then right after the baptism we headed over to the Brower's for dinner :) We had a sweet meal and then Maurice showed us a bunch of stuff from the Ireland trip he just got back from that day. That family is just awesome :) We shared a little message from Elder Christofferson titled "The Will of God" on how sometimes the Lord cuts us down so he can make us into what he knows we need to be :) Bro Brower, who's less active, really connected with it because he had similar experiences in his own life when he applied multiple times to the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police, kinda like the FBI). Super great!
Then that night we went to the computers to print out the transfer lists... The first page I looked at was the list of people taking the bus to Montreal from Ottawa... and my name was there along with all of the other new trainers but I wasn't training... So we went over to the board with everyone's pictures... and Elder Soll's new companion is... his trainee Elder Jones. too cool. Then we looked for me... And I'm going to Montréal... To be companions with Elder... Lund... Who's an assistant. I'M GOING TO BE THE NEW ASSISTANT. So pretty crazy stuff! I'm leaving Champlain to go to Montreal back into French. I'm excited though :) Pretty much everyone in our five-man apartment is seeing a change. Elder Spencer is going to train as well as Elder Chambers, who just finished training, and then Elder Jones is going to be the new Zone Leader. All very exciting! :D
So now you might understand why I talked about pinball. When you play pinball, the better you do the more you have to do. So I guess I'm doing alright and the Lord feels like it's time to get some more responsibilities and serve even more! :D Should be an adventure!
(Elder Lund is one of Elder Brooks' companions from the MTC.)
Sunday the 16th:
We had the best Sacrament Meeting ever! I got to play Be Still My Soul by Marshall McDonald which was very led by the Spirit in how I played it. Then two members spoke on missionary work and they got it perfectly right. One of them even shared an experience of when we called during that week about a less-active she knows and she told us that the less-active wouldn't be open to meet with us but then right after she hung up the phone, she had a strong prompting telling her that she wasn't the one to decide for this other person and that she needed to ask her. So she did and they weren't ready to receive us yet but was grateful she had been asked. So cool! :D
It was nice having members come up and talk to me and thanking for the work I did there but that didn't matter. It just felt good :)
| Me and Christopher :) |
Right after church we helped out with a member baptism which was fun :) I got to conduct the music :)
Later we stopped by the Champlain apartment, I just looked in the mirror contemplating what is to come and I felt peace and excitement. I felt like I'm becoming the person I need to become and who I want to become too :) It's a great feeling :)
So this week is crazzzy! We have to get around and teach and then I need to pack and also we have to get things situated between apartments in the zone. Should be exciting!
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! :D
Love,
Elder Brooks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment