So that's kind of how I feel during conference. IT'S SO GOOD!!! So much Spirit and doctrine and just a missionaries favorite :) But we're standing in Bureau en Gros (Canadian Staples - literally Big Writing Desk) so I'm going to make this one a little shorter cause I'm lazy. Just kidding it'll probably end up the same :)
Spiritual Thought: GENERAL CONFERENCE! SO GOOD!! Seriously we are so blessed to have living prophets and apostles and leaders that are inspired of God. I highly recommend studying them again and again because that is how we learn and really take advantage of conference :)
Monday 30th:
I have a testimony that the best way to find answers is to go directly to God. We see people who try to search it out on the internet and it doesn't always work that way because people have no idea where all the info comes from. But at the same time that night we were walking around and we had people placed in our paths again and again :) The work is God's and not our own :)
Tuesday 31st:
I finished Jeremiah in my Bible reading! :D That afternoon we taught Nannette the Word of Wisdom and it's amazing how people are prepared. We went over everything and she is clean! She doesn't even drink coffee because she knows it's addicting! So awesome! We also went over the baptismal interview questions with her and her baptism is coming up! Her interview is this next Wednesday so she might be baptized this next Saturday!
Wednesday April 1st:
As a district we helped out with a move for Mont St Hilaire. That was fun. Elder Noel and I muscled an aquarium out of the house. thankfully going up three flights of stairs we used 4 people. That was fun... :) But we got back around 5:00. We started at 10:00... Such a long move. But then Elder Peery and I were on an exchange. We hit the ground running with dinner with the Wus. Then they dropped us off at a referrals home. His name is Rodney and we also taught his younger brother Felipe who are both from Conga but speak English. We got to know them and introduced them to the Book of Mormon. But when I asked 12 yr old Felipe who Christ was to him he blew him away. "He is everything." The Spirit blew me away right there and I almost started crying because it burned within me that I know that is true. :) we also got to teach Tania sharing the Because He Lives video :) And we saw Oscar answering his question of Why God Created us :) We are here to be tested, to learn, and above all to be happy :) I love simple gospel truths!
| Elder Peery posing as Elder Noel during our exchange haha :) He's wearing Elder Noel's glasses, tag, hat, and pantoufles (Slippers) :) |
| Mont St Hilaire and us selfie :) Elder Peery is behind me |
Thursday 2nd:
Ether 12:16-18 Miracles require faith :) Each day I try to gain more faith so that I can see miracles happen in the lives of those around me and in my own. After unexchanging, Elder Noel and I moved a friend of Sr. Kosta's named Jourdain. He actually lost his wife and two children in a fire a couple months back. Only his 1 week old son survived. ( He was at work.) But he is a miracle in himself because he is shining with love and gratitude. Great example to me :) That night though we taught Robert and brought it back to faith which requires works and repentance which requires change. That's how we make things happen through the Atonement :)
Friday 3rd:
Ether 12:37 "And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong." I love that! Humility brings miraculous changes :) We started teaching a man named Père Marcel, a catholic priest from Congo (we don't think he has a congregation here). He was so happy and open and invited us back. Too cool! Then we taught Nannette about the temple and how God has provided a way to salvation for all his children now :) We taught Shelley chastity which is fun since she is 9 haha :) We brought it back to thoughts, words, and actions and keeping them pure and clean.
I also made Hawaiian Haystacks from the recipes I received. Soon good and comfort food :) Then we taught Cheri and she had her friend over which was so cool. He is in rehab right now but he was out for Easter. But we taught the Word of Wisdom and before we left we unloaded on him with a Book of Mormon and all the pamphlets because he won't get back out of rehab until May1 Hoping he reads and become converted :) (Oh and it was 13 degrees then :) )
| Hawaiian Haystacks! x2 |
Saturday 4th:
I love waking up to bright white... snow? In April? Haha yup we had a snow storm that morning and it was quite a lot. But I found an example of a golden investigator in Acts 17:11. So cool :) But conference was amazing! Saturday we watched it with the Lévesques. I loved the focus on the family in the first session. But one thing I loved from Pres Packer's talk was that the Atonement leaves no scars. That's true power and healing :)
Between sessions we were doing our third move with Mara who was moving only down a floor in the same building thankfully. For the second session we watched it with Robert too! :D I loved the talk about music and dance steps. D&C 8:2-3 is so true. It takes our mind doing the steps but also our heart to hear the music of the Gospel and the Spirit :)
Priesthood session we watched down at the Clark's (in english :) ). I LOVED THE CHOIR!!!! I knew so many people in there from Men's Chorus!!! I had the strong impression and wrote "surround yourself with great company". Those brothers in that choir are fantastic company so shout out to you guys if you're reading this! I loved Brother Gibson's talk on Eternal Fatherhood because that is the goal: to become like him. Present Eyring's talk was also very inspiring because I need the Spirit with me and it helped me see how I can apply what I learn.
Sunday 5th:
I studied praying in faith in my personal study because of Pres Eyring's talk. There are so many examples in Alma such as 2:30, and chapter 31. They gave me great examples of what I can change and improve on. Then I spent the most of my study in Alma 5 because it is a spiritual checklist to see how we are truly doing :) I have a lot to work on haha :)
We watched the rest of conference at the Cégep with two rooms one for each language. I loved hearing the prophet speak about temples. I miss them! then I loved the talks about the Atonement and Grace from two power hitters in our leadership :) I found a connection in Pres Uchtdorf's talk between unlocking the gates of heaven and opening the windows of heaven to also justification and sanctification. Great doctrine. :) Between sessions we taught Michon. He has some chastity problems but we got the basics first because he needs a testimony of that first.
During the final session I laughed so hard when one said "Don't search #SpaciousBuilding for knowledge." Oh man. to good! :) I also really enjoyed Elder Andersen's talk about the hastening the work. Truly we as missionaries don't do it. It's the Lord and always has been :) I have a great testimony of that because I see it everyday :) After conference we ate dinner with the Donovan's :) Then we passed by and visited a former investigator and had a great chat with him about families and their importance. He accepted a return visit for next weekend! :D
But life is just grand here in Granby! Transfer calls are coming up this next Saturday and who knows what could happen! Anything! But I know it will be inspired :)
| Selfie today :) |
I love you so much! Thank you so much for your love and support! You're the best! :D
Love,
Elder Kennen Brooks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment