Bonjour ma famille! Cet mes amies!
Coment aller vous?! Je vais bein!! =D
(Hello my family! And my friends!
How are you all? I'm doing great!)
Hello everyone from the MTC! My P-Day isn't until Tuesday, so I've been instructed to write a letter and let all of you know something. I'M ALIVE. That is all.
Nah, I'm just kidding! But anyway, I'm doing really well! Learning the language at a decent rate, and adjusting pretty well.
My companions are fantastic! I did say companionS because I"m in a trio!! Elder Peery is from Boise and just out of High School. And Elder Lund is from American Fork, just out of High School. Today I became the senior companion, but not due to being the oldest. NO, it was because of my last name being first alphabetical - haha! I'm extremely grateful that both companions work hard but they also can relax and have fun.
It's now the 27th, Vendredi, je croy. (Friday, I believe) Today we studied our brains out forever! But we had lots to study because we taught our "premier ami de l'église" or investigator. It went actually pretty well for the fist "enseignment." I'm loving the language and everything about the MTC. I'm being sure to not eat too much and I eat fruit whenever available! C'est tres bien, n'est pas? (It's very good, isn't it?)
Just got everyone's letters so far! Pextons, and the family! Thank you so much! I love you all!
I'm doing crazy good except for one thing, and that's my health. It's been the only thing holding me back from my best. I've been coughing my lungs out as well as headaches and ear pain. On Thursday, I went to the health clinic and they sent me to the BYU Student Health Center. Turns out I have an ear infection, so they gave me amoxicillin. Unfortunately, they couldn't give me anything for my cough, so I currently can't hear out of one ear, and I'm coughing my guts out. But otherwise, I'm fantastic! Don't despair!
Cool experience time!!! So, first day I went and got my books from the store and on the way back, I wasn't sure which building my class room was in, so I tried the first one. It was the wrong one but I recognized someone... This sister had really curly hair... blonde... with brown... kinda short... familiar pink shirt... IT WAS HERMANA GARDNER!!!! I could not believe I actually ran into her! It was totally the Spirit that led me there! We shook hands and went on our way, but it was so cool to see each other as set apart missionaries of our Lord. =) {Hermana Gardner is Elder Brooks' good friend from BYU}
I haven't been taking many pictures, we're really busy. I've played the piano twice now because I'm the only one who plays in my zone! Also, Elder A. Olsen is in my zone! We went to OHS together! So many people I know here!
The Church is so true, everyone! I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't.
With much love and gratitude,
Elder Brooks =)
No comments:
Post a Comment